* After this School I am thirsting for more!
* I have seen the flow from the Old Testament to the New to now – and now I know that we are heirs of the prophets!
* I have been set free! I know that God has revealed secrets of the Kingdom to me and I am now free to use them.
* I have seen God’s plan from beginning to end and I understand it and my part in it.
* I have been given a commission from God today to receive wisdom from the Word and teach it to others.
The delegates were eager and engaged in every session and readily participated in the practical interludes – the highlight of which must be their dramatizations of the calls of Isaiah, Jeremiah and Amos! We will never forget that the prophets’ call and authority comes from God!
The prophetic flow was evident in the worship and teaching and ministry. It was altogether another excellent School – thanks be to God.
We hold monthly Teaching Mornings which are designed for people who are studying the Bible using The Way of the Spirit Courses, but they are open to all. We welcome mature Christians, new believers and those wanting to ‘investigate’ God. We meet on the 1st Saturday of the month (occasionally it is the 2nd) from 10am to 1pm and some stay to eat lunch together. We have anointed worship and there is a team of anointed trained teachers, and Lord is doing great things amongst us – people are being set free, lives changed and physically healed. Don’t miss out – make these Teaching Mornings a priority!
The Autumn series is entitled The Gospel according to Luke – Jesus and His Prophetic Church. God spoke to His people in Old Testament times through the prophets. He spoke through Jesus, the Prophet, then He poured out His Spirit on all believers, so they could all be prophetic (hear Him and speak out). The Church needs to be prophetic today in order to be the people He calls us to be. In this series we will be studying the prophetic lifestyle, mainly using Luke’s gospel.
Next Saturday is entitled Go and Do Likewise and we will be looking at the middle chapters of Luke where Jesus sends out His disciples to do the same things that they had seen Him doing. He challenges them, but also encourages them. And of course Jesus sends us out too! Do join us on Saturday, to be challenged and encouraged; to worship Him in Spirit and in truth, and to have good fellowship.
9 September The Prophetic Breaks In
7 October Learn from Jesus
4 November Go and Do Likewise
2 December Empowered from on High
Venue St John the Evangelist Church Hall, Bebington Road, New Ferry, CH62 5BJ
Tea and coffee are served and you are welcome to bring your lunch if you would like to stay for fellowship. Admission is free and we take an offering for the work of The Way of the Spirit.
Directions: Come off M53 at J4 and take B5137 to Bebington. Turn left at traffic lights onto B5136 and follow round: through shopping area; 2nd exit at small roundabout; straight on at traffic lights; under railway bridge and St John’s is a few hundred yards on the left. Turn into a narrow lane at the church leading to the car park and hall.
The on-going vision for The Way of the Spirit, Wirral is that we reach people across the Wirral and beyond to:
1. Come to the Teaching Mornings to be edified and strengthened in the Lord by
– hearing accurate Bible teaching illuminated by the Holy Spirit
– sharing with others delight in the Lord and His Word
– applying the truths of the Bible to everyday lives
2. Join a study group for the main course or a short course. It is such a delight to see people reading the Bible systematically and receiving revelation for themselves by the Holy Spirit; to see them being set free by the truth; getting to know God more fully; and growing in the knowledge of who they are in Christ.
3. Enable us to go out into our churches, homes, workplaces, neighbourhoods in strength, confidence and freedom, equipped to live life to the full and to be effective ambassadors for Christ and ministers of the Gospel.
“Finally, brothers, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honoured, just as it was with you.” (2Thess.3.1)