Welcome to The Way of the Spirit Wirral
“Come all you who are thirsty, come to the water… Give ear and come to Me; hear Me that your soul may live.” (Isaiah 55:1,3)
In the North West
The Part-Time Prophetic Teachers’ Course is held in the North West at a superb venue near Burnley, Lancashire. All the details can be seen here, but briefly the Course consists of three 4-day residential Schools; personal study in between with a mentor; and the Autumn Bible Conference. We have a team of anointed prophetic Bible teachers from the North West and a worship leader. This Course is life-changing whatever your level of maturity in Christ. I commend it to you – read about it, pray about it and apply! The delegates all made an excellent start in School 1 in October and are now enjoying their Course Work which always bears much fruit. You can attend School 2 as a 4-day conference in January 2019. Contact Janet Hutchinson.
On the Wirral
We have six Study Groups meeting across the Wirral and Liverpool doing various parts of The Way of the Spirit main course. Most groups meet fortnightly to allow more time for people to do the study and this seems to work well. If you would like to join a group study please contact me.
We hold monthly Teaching Mornings which are designed for people who are studying the Bible using The Way of the Spirit Courses, but they are open to all. We welcome mature Christians, new believers and those wanting to ‘investigate’ God. We meet on the 1st Saturday of the month from 10am to 1pm and some stay to eat lunch together. We have anointed worship and a team of trained Bible teachers and the Lord is doing great things among us – people are being set free, lives changed and physically healed. Dave emailed after the last Teaching Morning: “Submission to God, so His power can flow through me has really spoken to me and hit me in the most amazing way. I feel totally alive, free and at peace, praise God!” Don’t miss out – make these Teaching Mornings a priority!
The Winter 2019 series is entitled Called to Journey. All of us are called to journey with God through the ups and downs, joys and sorrows in life. How can we journey well and make the most of every opportunity? What sustains us during the dry seasons when the going gets tough? Join us as we look at the lives of men and women in the Bible who encountered God on their journeys and were transformed by Him.
5 January Jacob from Deceiver to Dependent on God
2 February Leah from Unlovely to Greatly Loved
2 March David from Shepherd to King
6 April Jesus from the Cradle to the Cross
Tea and coffee are served and you are welcome to bring your lunch if you would like to stay for fellowship. Admission is free and we take an offering for the work of The Way of the Spirit.
The on-going vision for The Way of the Spirit, Wirral is that we reach people across the Wirral and beyond to:
1. Come to the Teaching Mornings to be edified and strengthened in the Lord by
- hearing accurate Bible teaching illuminated by the Holy Spirit
- sharing with others delight in the Lord and His Word
- applying the truths of the Bible to everyday lives
2. Join a study group for the main course or a short course. It is such a delight to see people systematically reading the Bible and receiving revelation for themselves by the Holy Spirit; to see them being set free by the truth; getting to know God more fully; and growing in the knowledge of who they are in Christ.
3. Enable us to go out into our churches, homes, workplaces, neighbourhoods in strength, confidence and freedom, equipped to live life to the full and to be effective ambassadors for Christ and ministers of the Gospel.
“Finally, brothers, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honoured, just as it was with you.” (2 Thessalonians 3:1)
Teaching mornings are held at
St John the Evangelist Church Hall